Welcome to the Lions of Michigan website. Lions Clubs International is a volunteer organization dedicated to leadership development through community service. Lions are an international network of 1.3 million men and women in 207 countries who work together to answer the needs that challenge communities around the world. They are known for working to end preventable blindness. Lions participate in a vast variety of projects important to their communities. These projects range from cleaning up local parks to providing supplies to victims of natural disasters. There are over 12000 members in 500+ clubs throughout Michigan.
Why should I become a Lion?
As a Lions Club member, you can:
- make a difference everyday in your community
- provide support locally or reach out internationally
- grow personally and professionally by participating in our programs, community service projects and events
- have an impact on local and international humanitarian issues
- develop relationships with both local and international community and business leaders
- have access to membership discounts and services.
Interested in becoming a member?
Membership in a Lions Club is by invitation from a local club. If you are interested in membership, use the club locator to contact a local Lions Club. Tell them you are considering membership and want to attend a meeting to learn more. Then, ask a member for a membership application.
Visit Lions International for information on how to become a member!